Yeast infection is a result of overgrowth of Candida in vagina or some other moist area of your body .Often other more serious ailments of vagina are mistaken to be yeast infection. People start taking medicine for yeast infection and aggravate the disorder. So what does a yeast infection look like? In order to be sure if you have yeast infection just check for a few symptoms mentioned below.
- Thick white discharge from vagina is the most visible sign of yeast infection. However the real confusion comes up when the discharge also has foul smell. In that case it is best to take expert advice instead of starting self medication. Usually yeast infection has no smell of its own.
- Itchiness in the vaginal or affected area is another indication of yeast infection. Though in many cases there is itchy sensation without yeast infection, it is sure to be yeast infection if the itchiness persists.
- Burning sensation during urination is one of the symptoms of this disorder. If it is combined with all the above mentioned symptoms, you can be rest assured that you are suffering from yeast infection.
- In most of the cases people are reported to have painful sexual experiences while one partner has yeast infection. It is best to avoid sex if you have mildest of itchy or burning sensation in genital area.
- Irritation and redness in the vaginal area is something you can identify yeast infection with. However, it is not just yeast infection that causes redness. There might be other reasons behind redness. If other symptoms are combined with redness, you can go for yeast infection treatment.
Once you are sure that you have yeast infection, you can start using natural topical yeast infection creams which have recently hit the market in a big way. Not only are these effective in curing yeast infection but also in making sure that it does not recur.