At the start of 2019, I made a choice. And that choice was to be happy. 2018 was filled with self-doubt, sadness, frustration, and lots of negative self-talk; and I was sick of it. So I decided to knock that sh*t off. I knew it would take lots of work and self-reflection, but I was dedicated to changing my daily behaviors to improve the rest of my life. I wanted to re-train my brain from what it was taught growing up.
Here are some of the things I was taught from a young age:
- You should always feel negatively about your body, no matter your age
- Working out should always be miserable, and more is always better
- You will always hate your job
- You will never make much money since you’re not smart enough
And these were beliefs I had until my late 20s. But it wasn’t until this past year when I decided to make a true change that I finally saw (and felt) results like never before. I had to re-train my brain into believing the opposite of what I was told and what I had experienced in my younger years. And if I can do it, I know others can. Below are some of the ways that I retrained my brain after years and years of acting like the victim and choosing a negative path instead of a positive –
- I stopped the constant scrolling on instagram and used that time for more…