A garden full of blooming roses and aromas of new tree leaves is always what a gardener could ever want. But the end result always depends on how hard you’ve worked out, and gardening is no exception.
To make sure your garden plants grow healthy, you must ensure a number of things, proper pruning being one of them. But when it comes to selecting the right pruning tool like hedge trimmer for gardening a handful of options pops up to any fellow gardeners.
In today’s post, we’ll talk about 5 of the most used pruning tools in practice, with a brief discussion on each of them. Here go the details-
Sale Fiskars Steel Bypass Pruning Shears (91095935J)
- Ideal for cutting stems and light branches. Easy-open lock protects the blade during transport and storage
- Fully hardened, precision-ground steel blade stays sharp, even through heavy use
- Low-friction coating helps blade glide through wood, prevents the blades from gumming up with sap and debris and helps the blades resist rust
Last update on 2020-06-06 at 19:12 PST – Details
The most basic kind of pruning tool that gardeners have to come across is called the hand pruners. These pruners are also called ‘clippers’ or ‘secateurs. There are two major types of hand pruners available in the market- the anvil type ones and the bypass-type ones.
Tree branches that are within a diameter range of ¼ inches to ½ inches, are ideal to be pruned with a hand pruner. But if the branch location is at a height, you might consider either using a ladder to reach the height or to go for an advanced pruning tool instead.
To get the best out of a hand pruner, you need to keep its blades sharp. Also, you have to regularly check the screws, blades, bolts etc on a regular basis to keep it functioning.
TABOR TOOLS GG12A Anvil Lopper with Compound Action, Chops Thick…
- CHOPS THROUGH 2” BRANCHES effortlessly. This KING OF LOPPERS will allow for fast removal of dry and woody growth and is the ideal tool for preparatory cuts and cut-to-length work. The lopper is…
- SHARP HARDENED CARBON STEEL BLADE will stay sharp, even after some heavy use! The low-friction non-stick coated gliding blade make every cut a joyful experience. The tools is easy to use, even for the…
- COMFORT GRIP AND EXTRA LEVERAGE. The rubberized grips on the 22″ handles provide comfort and good grip. This longer 30” model will allow you to work with some extra strength and leverage and to…
Last update on 2020-04-28 at 16:23 PST – Details
Loopers are kind of the middle ground between pretty basic kind of pruning tools like the loppers, and high-end power pruning tools like pruning saws. Loppers are best suited for ½ inches to 1-½ inches of tree branches. Based on the handle length, you can choose from a wide variety of tree branch heights as well.
In loppers, there are two sharp edges forming a scissor-like shape that gets into cutting the tree branches. The handles are required to be held by hands, which comes to be quite a hectic task. Anyways, if the tree branches are within your reach, then the task of pruning with a lopper might not be that much hectic for an individual.
Last update on 2020-04-13 at 23:13 PST – Details
When it comes to pruning hedges, shrubs, flowers and small trees, pruning shears will be the go-to pruning tool for you. To be more exact, tree branches that come up with a diameter less than ¾ inches, are ideal to be pruned with a pruning shear.
But getting the best out of a Garden Tools for Pruning Trees shear requires prior maintenance and troubleshooting. Especially, when you have to use it on a regular basis, keeping the cutting edges sharp is a mandatory chore. You might need to put grease or oil to keep them rust-free as well. Also, repairing screws, springs, bolts etc. comes as additional maintenance tasks.
Corona RazorTOOTH Folding Pruning Saw, 10 Inch Curved Blade, RS…
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: 10″ blade is ideal for cutting 5″ – 6″ diameter, small to medium, branches.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED, COMFORTABLE, CO-MOLDED HANDLE: Provides a comfortable grip for extended use.
- EASY TO LATCH BLADE PREVENTS INJURY WHEN NOT IN USE: Folding blade is curved, taper-ground, and replaceable.
Last update on 2020-04-13 at 23:32 PST – Details
When it comes to large in size tree branches, pruning saws are the tool that you have to deal with. By the term ‘large’, we point at the tree branches that have a diameter of at least 1-2 inches or more.
Being a motor-driven power tool, Garden Tools for Pruning Trees saws can make most of the cut on the pull stroke. So, that enables the machine to put some strength into the cut and keep the teeth from being dull.
That being said, you still need to take care of the teeth and their sharpness level on a regular basis.
Fiskars 7.9-12 Foot ExtendableTree Pruning Stik Pruner…
- Ideal for cutting high branches without climbing a ladder, making low cuts without bending or kneeling or reaching into dense or prickly shrubs
- Rope-free design gives you two-handed control and eliminates snags and tangles
- Included 15 inch WoodZig saw blade powers through thicker branches
Last update on 2020-06-07 at 08:32 PST – Details
The last pick of the list is a modified version of what we know s ‘pruning saws’. Imagine a pole being attached to a pruning saw, and that’s what a pole pruner will look like.
With a pole pruner, you can deal with tree branches of 1-10 inches, but that’s not the biggest advantage. With the help of the pole, you can reach tree branches of around 8-10 feet of height. And that’s even without any help of a ladder.
But being a power tool, pole pruner comes with a number of maintenance chores.
No products found.
Apart from the 5 pruning tools that we’ve talked about so far, there are a lot more in practice. But with these five tools in hand, you can prune any kind of tree branch in your garden.