Plans and a tutorial to build your own DIY end table.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of the links, I may make a small commission at NO EXTRA COST to you. This helps keep the tutorials and plans free here at Bitterroot DIY. Thank you for your support! See my full disclosure here.
Table #2 of the four-table DIY end table extravaganaza! In case you missed it over on Instagram, we’ve been considering new end tables for our living room but couldn’t decide on a style, so I just went ahead and built a few! Here’s the second design – a criss cross DIY end table.
Enjoy the plans!
TOOLS & SUPPLIES
- 2 | 2 x 2 @ 8′ (you’ll have quite a bit of extra)
- 1 | 1 x 4 @ 6′
- 1 | 1″ x 15″ Edge Glued Pine Round (available at Home Depot or Menards)
- 4 | 2 x 2 @ 23″ with 5 degree miter (legs)
- 2 | 2 x 2 @ 6″ with 5 degree perpendicular miter (top frame)
- 2 | 1 x 4 @ 8 7/8″ with 5 degree perpendicular miter (criss cross)
DIY End table Leg Cuts:
diy end table Top frame cuts:
Once you cut the top frame 2x2s to length, cut a 1 1/2″ half lap in the center of each. I used my miter saw to cut them, but you can also use a circular saw or router.
**In case you missed it, I shared a tutorial to cut half laps with a miter saw over on my Instagram page – make sure to head over there for more tips and tricks like this!
To help visualize, the half laps fit together like this:
If you do not feel comfortable cutting half laps, you can cut each…